W3C Advice 11 2008 december
Please make reference to the errata with this document, which could consist of corrections that are normative.
This document can also be obtainable in non-normative platforms, available from Alternate Versions of site content Accessibility recommendations 2.0.
Copyright © 2008 ® that is w3CMIT , ERCIM , Keio), All Rights Reserved. W3C obligation, trademark and document use rules use.
Site content Accessibility recommendations (WCAG) 2.0 covers a range that is wide of to make content more available. After these directions can certainly make content available to a wider array of people who have disabilities, including loss of sight and low eyesight, deafness and hearing loss, learning disabilities, intellectual restrictions, limited motion, message disabilities, photosensitivity and combinations among these. After these tips may also make your Web often content more usable to users as a whole.
WCAG 2.0 success requirements are written as testable statements which are not technology-specific. Guidance about satisfying the success criteria in specific technologies, in addition to basic information regarding interpreting the success requirements, is provided in separate documents. See site content Accessibility tips (WCAG) Overview for the introduction and links to WCAG technical and material that is educational.
WCAG 2.0 succeeds Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 WCAG10, that was published as a W3C advice might 1999. Even though it is achievable to conform either to WCAG 1.0 or to WCAG 2.0 (or both), the W3C advises that brand new and updated use that is content 2.0. The W3C additionally recommends that internet accessibility policies guide WCAG 2.0.
Reputation for this Document
This part defines the status for this document during the period of its book. Other papers may supersede this document. A summary of present W3C magazines in addition to latest modification of the technical report are available in the W3C technical reports index at http://www.w3.org/TR/.
This is basically the site content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 W3C Recommendation from the net information Accessibility instructions performing Group.
This document is evaluated by W3C Members, by pc software designers, and also by other groups that are w3C interested events, and it is endorsed by the Director as a W3C Recommendation. It really is a stable document and can be used as guide material or cited from another document. W3C’s part for making the advice is always to draw focus on the specification also to market its extensive implementation. This improves the interoperability and functionality of this online.
WCAG 2.0 is supported by the connected non-normative documents, Understanding WCAG 2.0 and approaches for WCAG 2.0. Although those papers don’t have the status that is formal WCAG 2.0 it self has, they offer information crucial that you understanding and implementing WCAG.
The Working Group requests that any reviews be manufactured with the provided online comment type. Should this be extremely hard, commentary can be sent to also firstname.lastname@example.org. The archives when it comes to general public reviews list are publicly available. Remarks received in the WCAG 2.0 Recommendation cannot result in modifications for this form of the principles, but might be addressed in errata or future variations of WCAG. The performing Group doesn’t intend to make formal reactions to responses. Archives regarding the WCAG WG email list discussions are publicly available, and work that is future by the performing Group may address responses gotten about this document.
This document happens to be produced within the W3C internet Accessibility Initiative (WAI). The objectives for the WCAG performing Group are discussed into the WCAG performing Group charter. The WCAG performing Group is a component associated with WAI Technical Activity buy an essay cheap.
This document ended up being generated by a team running underneath the 5 2004 W3C Patent Policy february. W3C maintains a general public listing of any patent disclosures built in connection utilizing the deliverables of this team; that web web page also incorporates directions for disclosing a patent. Someone who has actual knowledge of a patent that your individual believes contains Essential Claim(s) must disclose the knowledge relative to section 6 of this W3C Patent Policy.
dining dining Table of articles
- WCAG 2.0 Levels of Guidance
- WCAG 2.0 Supporting Papers
- Crucial Terms in WCAG 2.0
- WCAG 2.0 Instructions
- 1 Perceivable
- 1.1 Provide text options for any non-text content to ensure that it could be turned into other designs individuals require, such as for instance big print, braille, speech, symbols or easier language.
- 1.2 offer options for time-based news.
- 1.3 generate content that could be presented in numerous means (for example simpler design) without losing information or framework.
- 1.4 allow it to be easier for users to see and hear content including foreground that is separating back ground.
- 2 Operable
- 2.1 Make all functionality available from a keyboard.
- 2.2 offer users plenty of time to read and use content.
- 2.3 Do not design content in means this is certainly proven to cause seizures.
- 2.4 Provide methods to assist users navigate, find content, and discover where these are generally.
- 3 Understandable
- 3.1 Make text content readable and understandable.
- 3.2 Make website pages look and run in predictable methods.
- 3.3 Assistance users avoid and correct mistakes.
- 4 Robust
- 4.1 Maximize compatibility with present and future individual agents, including assistive technologies.
- 1 Perceivable
- Conformance Requirements
- Conformance Claims (Optional)
- Statement of Partial Conformance – Alternative Party Content
- Statement of Partial Conformance – Language
- Appendix A: Glossary (Normative)
- Appendix B: Acknowledgments
- Appendix C: Sources